Historical Fact #2
The Thames River was renamed in 1793 by Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe. It had been known by local Native peoples as Askunesippi (Antlered River) and La Tranche (The Ditch) by French settlers.
Historical Fact #3
Five of the six infamous Tolpuddle martyrs, condemned in England for organizing a union of farm labourers, relocated to London in 1884 and are buried in Siloam Cemetery on Fanshawe Park Road.