ACO London Region is a charitable organization dedicated to conserving London’s built heritage through advocacy and education. We are a dynamic, forward looking organization whose core belief is that the buildings around us affect the quality of our lives, and that heritage buildings are valuable insights into our city’s past.
The mandate of the ACO and its 23 branches is:
• To conserve the best examples of the architectural heritage of the province
• To protect Ontario’s places of natural beauty
• To encourage designation of heritage buildings under the Ontario Heritage Act
• To encourage heritage conservation districts under the Ontario Heritage Act
• To influence public policy regarding heritage buildings at the municipal level
• To partner with other groups in programming and advocacy
If you have ever stopped to look at a building whose architectural features held your interest, then the ACO might be the organization for you.
We welcome new members. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns are important to us.
Did you know?
Most members of the ACO are not architects. They are people who want to learn more about built heritage and become involved in efforts to protect the best of it.